Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Things I Love About Woodland

I love when I go to the grocery store I can see anyone from one of my old teachers to one of my kid's current teachers.

I love that some of my old teachers ARE some of my kid's teachers!

I love that when I go to work (hospital) I can help someone that knows my grandparents and then later my grandparents tell me how much my help meant to their friend.

I love driving home from work and seeing my parents on a walk!

I love that people I went to school with are lawyers, doctors, grocery clerks, nurses, firefighters, police officers, and teachers in our town!

I love that when I got pulled over as a teen for speeding a little bit, the CHP officer told me to tell my dad that he owed him a beer, and let me go with a warning!

I love going to work out at "the club" and seeing people that knew me back when...

I love going to the mall and having people ask me, "How are you parents doing?"

I love going to my son's ball games, seeing old classmates, going the their kid's ball games!

I love reading the paper and seeing the person I really didn't like back then, under the "arrested" column! (ok, that isn't very nice of me)

I love that when my son's tooth gets knocked out in a baseball injury, our dentist will meet us at the office and fix him right up!


Anyone else have something they love about Woodland?

5 comments:

Bebe said...

I love the people of Woodland and Yolo County, I love the rolling fields, the sunflower fields, the wildflowers up in the valley. I love that everyone knows everyone and cares.

There is a true sense of community that is rare to find and should be cherished.

And I love Katie, she truly does mean it when she says "I love you!" she is a friend forever. You would be lucky to know Katie.

Julia Leroux said...

Yo girl,
You are the best and I miss that same stuff. I am getting it here and I realise that where you plant your heart you will grow. Thanks, for getting me through some rough patches and know that you are loved....Julia

Christie K. said...

I love going to "the Walmart" in woodland because the people are nice and the store is cleaner than mine in natomas. I also love the open fields and agriculture in woodland. It reminds me of home (oklahoma).

Plus, I love Katie Beeeeee.

Chris Egan said...

Hi Katie
I have had a vey lucky life and traveled to many places through out the world. None of these places have brought me in as close as the folks of Woody. I love Woodland simply because of the people and all of my special freinds there. You dont no close we came to using our return tickets.

: ) gini said...

I think the main thing I love about Woodland is the feeling of "coming home" when I drop in for a visit. It is always so good to see old friends and neighbors. I also love the fields of sunflowers and wheat...I really miss driving the country roads between the fields and stopping at the roadside produce stands...and I miss you Katie. Tell Jason and everyone I know at WHC hi for me.