Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tell me I did the right thing...

I have been waiting for the last couple days to see how I did on our second exam in Med Surg. I hate waiting. I got home from lecture today and quickly signed on to the class website to see my grade. Wahoo 84%! So, I go through the test to see which ones I missed. I get to the bottom of the test and notice that one of the questions say I got 11/2 points. That is impossible! I quickly scroll up and count the number of questions I got wrong...wow, way more that the 9 I originally thought I missed. I stare at the test...what do I do? I want that B real bad. But, Katie, I say to myself, you always pride yourself on your honesty and integrity. I know but... No buts, I say to myself. I sigh as I pick up the phone and call my instructor. I am thinking that I got a D on the test. After she corrects the error, she calls me back and lets me know that I actually did pass with a 71%. Not my proudest moment, but at least I passed and I can sleep at night!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you did the right thing. Sure it would of been nice to have that B, but at least you and your instructor know that you're an honest person.

IU3KIDS said...

You know you did the right thing. That's what your dad & I have always told you when you were little. We have always been VERY proud of you. IU