Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Huff's Corner

I received a letter in the mail today from Diamond D General Engineering informing us that the Huff's Corner Bank Stabilization Project is starting on July 16th. I immediately called them to find out if my dream of dreams was coming true...would they also be opening County Road 18 again? YES!!!!! They will!!!! I will no longer have to make a two mile detour just to get on the freeway! I have to admit it has been nice with the decreased traffic, but I really miss all the bicycle riders, the older folks cruising in their restored classic cars, and the sheriffs patrolling my neighborhood.


The eastward facing view of Huff's Bend from down in the creek.




















Diamond D General Engineering's Website http://ddge.net/currentproject.htm

UPDATE: I heard a rumor that there is a nesting hawk in the way of construction and it may have to be postponed.

No comments: