Monday, October 1, 2007

40




One of my very good friends turned 40 today. We graduated the same year... 1985! We have a good time talking about the music, the clothing styles, and things we did as teenagers. It doesn't matter that she was in Oklahoma and I was here in California. The stories are pretty much the same. I am turning 40 this December. Everyone asks me how I feel about turning 40. I guess because it is the time that you are officially middle aged. I don't feel bad about hitting this milestone. I am very content with my life. I have a husband that I love so very much and I feel very loved. For the most part the kids are turning out OK. Our family is very supportive. We have a wonderful place to lay our head every night. Jason has reached his goal to be a firefighter and I work in a wonderful place. I am looking forward to starting nursing school in January. I am a bit nervous, I will have to cut way back at work, and I will miss that security. Not just financially, but emotionally too. All of my best friends are there at work with me. They are my sounding board, they know all of my worries. I thank God for all of these things.

No comments: