Friday, October 12, 2007

Praying for Football

Sometimes you never know what you are going to get when you pray for something. Tonight before Mark's football game, I prayed that God would protect his knee. Some of you may know that Mark had a knee injury at football camp and has been trying to nurse it through the season. Well, in the second quarter, after a play that I really couldn't see what happened, Mark came stumbling out, and fell, I thought "Oh, crap, his knee gave out on him!" Then he got up and stumbled around again, and fell again. I knew right then that he had a head injury. The doctors went out there and after a very long couple of minutes they helped him up and off the field. I went to the sidelines and sat with Mark. He seemed almost drunk, his speech slow and didn't make much sense. Amanda and I sat with him awhile, and he seemed to improve so we went back in the stands. After the game (we lost by the way), I took Mark home, instead of him driving. He seems much better now.
I guess you have to be careful what you ask for....his knee is fine.

No comments: