Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The End of Football


I know everyone expected me to report right away after the Pioneer-Woodland Game. Honestly, there were just too many emotions and it has been hard to organize them into words. I know you think it is stupid to feel that way about football. This is more than sports to me. This is the game that my son has been playing since he was in fifth grade. We have travelled all over the Sacramento Valley for the last 6 years, cheering him on. The game on Friday was the last time he will ever wear a football uniform. It was the end of a part of his childhood. There are no more "next seasons".
So if you came here looking for a report on the game, I am sorry to disappoint you. We did lose, but really it didn't matter. I would have been sad anyway.

No comments: