Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy November

I can't believe it is already November. Pretty soon it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas. The next nursing class begins in January. I called the Nursing Program and the lady said I was on her list and I should be receiving my letter of acceptance into the nursing program in a couple of weeks. I am so excited. I am also very nervous. They can dismiss you from the program at any time if you make a mistake. I know someone that happened to. How embarrassing would that be. Some of the nurses at work who recently graduated told me that I should concentrate on keeping my mouth shut and just listen and nod even though some of the things the instructors may say are not how things work in the real world. I guess I have learned a lot by just being around emergency nursing for the last 16 years, but I have no illusions that I really know anything. I am looking forward to the hands on part of nursing. Learning something is great, but putting into to action is what I really want to do.

No comments: