Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nursing School

I am almost through my second week of school. I can't believe how much I have to read every day. I have at least 4-5 chapters every day. I have learned quite a bit in the last week and a half. For instance, you can put a tube in pretty much every hole in our bodies. I have practiced on our poor gender confused mannequins in the nursing lab. We've done nasogastric tubes, Foley catheters, enemas, feeding tubes. I have learned the right way to make a bed, to roll people around in bed and bathe them. I am pretty sure that the real patients I have will want me to be much gentler than I was to the dummies! Jason allowed me to practice vital signs on him last night, he said I was rough too. I am going to work on my bedside manner! I promise!

1 comment:

Melissa C. said...

So excited for you. You'll be done before you know it. $$$$ Crazy to see you guys in San Fran the other day. Small world, huh?

Love ya, Melissa