Thursday, January 3, 2008

Weight Loss Shakes are Stupid.

I have come to the conclusion that weight loss shakes are stupid. Since I have been on the wagon, I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast. This morning I grabbed one of Jason's shakes because I wasn't really hungry, but I knew that if I didn't eat/drink something I would pig out at lunch. I popped it open and had a couple sips...mmmmm chocolate for breakfast, yummy! Then I started reading the can. A can of Kirkland Weight Loss Shake (Costco Brand) has 230 calories, with 38 grams of sugar and 360 mg of sodium.

Here is what a cup of oatmeal has:

Nutrition Facts
Calories 147
(Kilojoules 616)

% DV**
Total Fat
2.3 g
4%
Sat. Fat
0.4 g
2%
Cholesterol
0 mg
0%
Sodium
2 mg
0%
Total Carbs.
25.3 g
8%
Dietary Fiber
4 g
16%
Sugars
0.6 g
Protein
6.1 g
Calcium
18.7 mg
Potassium
131 mg

I think I made the wrong decision for breakfast this morning!!!

No comments: