Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull


Right after school today Jacob and I raced to Davis to catch the 4:00 showing of the new Indiana Jones movie. We went to the Regal Cinemas 5 in Davis (the one G Street). It is a nice theater, but the popcorn sucked, lot of small broken pieces, it must have been the bottom of the barrel.

The movie was pretty good. Indiana has some age on him now, but still a believable "hero". I won't give away anything, but my least favorite part of the movie is when Mutt Williams, (Shia LaBeouf), is riding his motorcycle along the railroad station platform...it is absolutely the worst special effects I have ever seen. I could have used Microsoft Movie Maker and done a better job editing. I enjoyed the part in the warehouse when the object from another Indiana movie "makes a cameo".

The rest of the movie was typical Indiana Jones, lots of chase scenes, cobwebs, and restless natives. Like they always say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

No comments: