Monday, May 28, 2007

Am I Wrong?

As I read the other blogs in Woodland/Yolo County, I see how people have strong opinions and how they stand by them. I, on the other hand, have very few strong opinions. I feel so middle of the road. I have an annoying part of my brain that sees the other person/groups side of the issue. It frustrates me that I cannot have a deep belief about anything.
There are things that do frustrate me. I have a deep disliking for political figures that waste taxpayer money. I believe that they have a commitment to be “stewards of our resources”. I trust these people to take care of matters that I have very little time and energy to get personally involved with. I want to trust my elected officials. Is that wrong?
I hope that my ability to empathize will help me in the future when I have completed my R.N. training. I know it helps now in my job. People appreciate the fact that I try to understand how they feel and anticipate their needs. I do hope that I can learn how to deal with the users of our society. It is such a fine line between helping people and enabling them.

1 comment:

: ) gini said...

Hey Katie,
You are wrong!! The KatieBarker that I knew had very strong opinions and views. They simply aren't of the things that most people argue about. They are about family and friends, loyalty and trust, responsibility and honor...need I go further? Have I convinced you that you do have solid opinions and deep convictions...just not the kind that are pushy and you do not press them upon other people.

Well, I will get off my soap box now...I just wanted to state MY OPINION!!! Ha!! Love ya, Katie!!
: ) gini