Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Fresh New Day

The wedding happened, I lived. I see all the stumbling blocks that she has ahead of her. I hope that somehow she figures out the right things to do. It has been very quiet in our house the last couple days, kinda like when she left for boot camp. I never imagined that 2 months after I picked her up from the airport after being separated from the Navy that she would be getting married. I wonder is using the marriage to escape me, maybe I was too controlling. Well, I did my best to help her make the right decisions and it pains me to watch her make mistakes, especially ones that could have easily been avoided.
Well, today is as good as any to get back on the wagon. I have been sick, not exercising, and although not binging, I have not followed the WW plan all that great this last week. Today is a new day. This weekend is Mother's Day, Amanda and Aaron will be coming and everyone (our family, my parents, my grandparents) are going to the Elk's Club for brunch. I would also like to move out Amanda's bedroom set, if not up to her new house, at least to storage. Then I want to go to Ikea and pick out furniture for MY NEW OFFICE!!! If I can't have a daughter, I can at least have an office!

No comments: