Sunday, June 8, 2008

Moving On

Jacob was promoted from 6th grade to middle school on June 3rd. They had a nice little ceremony and received a certificate. Jacob is showing his unique fashion sense early in life. This is that hat he bought with his own money in San Francisco awhile back. One of my favorite parts of the ceremony is when the kindergarten class sang a song from The Sound of Music. I can't remember the name but it goes...So long, farewell, auf weidersehen , goodbye.....It is the song they sing when the kids are going to bed during the big "party" scene. It made me cry. There was a picnic for the kids afterwards. The boys played football. Mark came over after school and played football with the boys






Then on June 6th, my little Markie graduated from high school. It was a good ceremony. The speeches were not too long, they were interesting too! I ordered the video from the WAVE because I knew I would not get a good video myself.






Baseball is finished, Jacob's team came in second for the season and second in the tournament. Closing ceremonies were on Saturday, but I haven't downloaded the pictures yet. His last game was on the night of graduation, at least it started on that night! They were down, 1-9 against the Brewers. They caught up and tied...but then at 10:30 they announced that the lights were going out at 10:40, so we had to finish up in the morning. So at 11am, they went back at it. They were outfield first...3 up, 3 down. Then Marcus was up and singled....then Gabriel....Marcus stole all the way to third, Gabe hit one out to left center, Marcus scored and the rest is history! The A's went on to have a similar game against the Cardinals, down 1-9, they caught up, but they Cardinal's kept scoring too. The final score was 8-11, a very good game. I will post pics when I finally get around to it!!!!










1 comment:

Melissa C. said...

Wow, you're kiddos are really growing up. That's a good picture of the 3 of you. Any tears during the ceremonies? I think I would be balling.